Imagine if you could find time to read the Bible. You are probably thinking, “Yeah right! Maybe if I lived in a post-apocalyptic world and my name was Eli. If there was nobody around then I would have time to read the Bible.”
I actually think we have more than enough time to read God’s Word. How much time do we waste on tv, Facebook, Twitter, video games, reading books that don’t amount to squat?
Let me introduce to you a Bible reading system that I believe actually works and once you get started you almost can’t help but form a good habit.
Right now I am using Professor Horner’s Bible Reading System. I believe this to be the world’s best Bible reading system because it is the only one that has worked for me.
10 Chapters A Day
The plan is designed to bring a person through 10 chapters from 10 different books a day. This sounds like a lot but it only takes me about 30 to 50 minutes. Lately, I have actually been doubling up and reading 20 chapters a day. 10 in the morning and 10 at night.
If I read this plan once a day I would finish the entire Bible in 8 months but I would reread most of the Bible several times.
The Ten Lists
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (89 days)
- Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy (187 days)
- 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians (49 days)
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, James, 1 & 2 Peter, 1, 2 & 3 John, Jude, Revelation (65 days)
- Job, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel (233 days)
- Psalms (150 days)
- Proverbs, Ecclesiastes (43 days)
- Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther (249)
- Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi (67 days)
- Acts, Romans, Hebrews (57 days)
I Challenge You
Try this Bible reading system for just one month and see if it doesn’t change your outlook on life. I have used more Bible in my marriage since starting this. My wife has even told me she has noticed a difference. Just do it.
Have you used Professor Grant Horner’s Bible reading system? If so, what are your thoughts?